Best Sunscreen Lotions in India | Save your skin
If you regularly go out in sunlight, it’s good to apply a sunscreen lotion to protect your skin. Using a sunscreen lotion is the most convenient option available for everyone, but choosing a good sunscreen lotion is equally important as using it.
So here I am providing you with the complete guide of the benefits of choosing a sunscreen lotion, how to apply it? And which are the best sunscreen lotion available in India?
What are the benefits of using sunscreen lotion?
Avoid Skin burn/Tanning
The most obvious reason to choose a sunscreen lotion is to protect your body’s skin from being damaged by high radiation Ultraviolet/UV rays. The skin covers your entire body, and these harmful UV rays cause skin cells to get damaged, resulting in skin burning, skin tanning (basically skin colour gets dark).
Prevent Skin Ageing
Exposing to these harmful UV rays often can affect to pre-mature ageing of your skin/wrinkles. So, to keep your skin fresh and keep looking younger, it is highly advised to use a sunscreen lotion.
Prevent skin cancer
The more evident reason for having skin cancer is due to frequently getting into high radiation UV rays by sunlight. Refer detailed post here by American cancer society on cancer by UV rays. So, If you are one of the people who do the work mostly outside and in direct sunlight, It’s highly recommended to use a sunscreen lotion.
How to apply Sunscreen Lotion?
Correctly applying sunscreen lotion on the skin is also one of the essential parts. Below is the guide on how to apply sunscreen lotion.
1) Always apply sunscreen lotion 10-15 minutes before going out in the sun, as sunscreen lotion required a few minutes to sink inside the skin.
2) Apply enough thick layer of sunscreen by which your entire skin surface covers up and provides you with the protection of UV rays.
A thin layer of sunscreen gets dry up or easily gets wiped out.
3) Apply it regularly, as usually, sunscreen lotion gives complete protection for around 2 hours. So, If you are going out again in the sun after 2+ hours, don’t forget to reapply sunscreen lotion.
Factors to look for before buying a sunscreen lotion.
Select a broad spectrum (for filtering UV-A UV-B type rays) and a minimum of 15 SPF (sun protection force) rated sunscreen lotion. Using a 30 SPF sunscreen lotion doesn’t mean it provides double with protection than 15SPF rated cream. The difference is just about 5% extra UV protection.
Below is the chart which explains how much of high radiation UV rays get filtered at an appropriate SPF rating.
- Check for PA ratings as well along with SPF rating. Following is the rating details> PA+ = Some UVA protection. PA++ = Moderate UVA protection. PA+++ = High UVA protection. PA++++ = Extremely High UVA protection.
- Search for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide ingredient in sunscreen as these ingredients physically block the UV rays from reaching to your skin.
- Look for a water-resistant sunscreen if you get sweat or go for a swim. Note that this isn’t wholly waterproof lotion; it’s just oleophobic coating and more long-lasting than usual sunscreen.
If you have any skin allergy from applying chemical ingredients, do look for para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) free sunscreen lotion. PABA can cause skin irritation for a few allergic peoples.
Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Ultra Soothing Face Lotion 30+ SPF
Biotique Bio is SPF 30+ rated sunscreen blended with natural ingredients honey, wheat germ, and seaweed for nourishing and keeping your skin moisture. Boutique uses hybrid plant and plant extracts are combined with biotechnology to produce highly effective products. It can be used for all skin types and both men and women.
They have a unique cold extraction process that preserves the active ingredient of the plant so that the intelligence of the plant can interact with the information of the body to promote health and beauty — formulated from organically grown plant extracts.
Specifications and variants>
Biotique Bio has SPF 30+ and SPF and PA+++ protection.
It comes in 120ml & 190ml pack also, and it has 27 different variants combination you can choose from as per your needs such as Face lotion + Anti Acne Cream, Face Lotion + Protein Shampoo, Face moisturizer + Ageless Serum. Check out all the variants here.
Lass Naturals Sunscreen hydro gel with SPF 50+
Lass Naturals Sunscreen is one of the complete chemical-free high SPF rating natural sunscreens. This sulphate free, paraben free is more beneficial for those peoples who have skin allergy or irritation caused by such chemicals. It has a water resistance feature and long-lasting gel.
This sunscreen is water-based, which makes it very lightweight and absorbs into the skin quickly, providing you with a matte finish.
Below are the product details shared by Lass naturals.
- The oil-free and fast-absorbing formulation provides safer, stabler, and high SPF sun protection.
- It is formulated with specialized encapsulated UV filter “SunCat DE” to protect against harmful UVA & UBA rays.
- Water-based sunscreen is best suited for normal to oily and acne-prone skin.
- Natural actives help to brighten dull skin.
Specifications and variants>
Biotique Bio has SPF 50+ and SPF and PA+++ protection.
This comes in a 50ml pack. There’s one more variant by Lass Naturals Sunscreen 5-in-1 Daily Lotion SPF 30+ UVA PA+++ – Skin Care which comes with 100g pack.
VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme, SPF 60
VLCC sunscreen is another natural cream enriched with Ceramide III, Niacinamide & Olive Oil, and Carrot extract protects from a broad spectrum of UVA & UVB rays. It’s suitable for both men and women with all skin types.
It has a unique hydrophobic formula, which makes this sunscreen water-resistant and lasts for a longer duration, even if you are sweating in outdoor work.
All these high SPF, broad-spectrum UV protection, water-resistant, and natural ingredients make this a great option to consider ordering.
Below are the product details shared by VLCC
- Broad-spectrum protection from sun’s UVA and UVB rays, rating system indicating UVA protection
- Paraben-free formulation
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types
- How to use: Apply liberally and evenly on face and Neck before 15-20 minutes of sun exposure. Reapply frequently for long duration sun exposure.
- Target Audience: Men & Women
Specifications and variants>
VLCC sunscreen lotion comes with many variants including SPF ratings starting from 20+, 25+, 30+ , 40+ , 50+ , 60+ and PA+++ protection.
It comes with 50g and 100g packs.
Also, it has 13 different variant combinations you can choose from as per your needs, such as Gel Creme + 3D Youth Boost Sunscreen Gel Creme, Gel Creme + Anti Tan Single Facial Kit, Gel Creme + De-Tan Sunscreen Gel Creme, etc. check out all the variants here.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock
Lotus Herbals Safe sun is one of the popular and widely available sunscreen lotion. This also has broad-spectrum UVA & UVB rays protection.
With its non-greasy formula, it reduces oiliness from the skin and gives a matte finish, unlike some other glossy lotions.
Below are the product details shared by Lotus Herbals
- Lotus Herbals brings to you an attractive new sunscreen matte gel that gets absorbed in your skin instantly
- The Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 comes in a travel-friendly orange tube pack.
- The ultra-soothing formula of the Lotus matte gel gets absorbed in your skin quickly and fights against skin darkening. Infused with ingredients like Comfrey, Soothing Horse Chestnut, and Sebum Control Vanilla, the sunscreen gel provides practical solutions to skin tanning.
Specifications and variants>
There are two main variants in the Lotus Herbals. One is with 3 in 1 50SPF+, and the second one with multi-function, high 70SPF+ protection.
These comes in SPF ratings starting from 20+, 25+, 30+, 40+, 50+, 70+ and PA+++ protection.
It comes with 50g, 60g, and 100g packs. Do check all variants for 50+SPF here & for 70+SPF here.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen is one of the most rated sunscreens in India with its dermatologist-tested formula that contains Oat Kernel Extract and helioplex technology, which overall provides the ultimate combination of features. Such as oil-free, sweat/waterproof suitable for all skin types
Below are the product details shared by Neutrogena
- Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ is a revolutionary, dermatologist-tested formula that contains helioplex technology, the latest breakthrough in UV protection
- The dry-touch feature of the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 50 lends a matt-effect to skin
- Besides effectively providing sun protection, the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 50 is also good for your skin due to the presence of oat kernel extracts and other active ingredients.
- The sunblock is perfect for all seasons, be it summer, winter, or the rains because this product is waterproof, sweat-proof, and resistant to rubbing off. Being oil-free and free of PABA (Para-aminobenzoic acid), the Neutrogena dry touch ultra sheer sunblock is safe for the skin.
So, This is the complete guide on benefits on choosing a sunscreen lotion, how to apply it, and the list of best sunscreen lotion available. You can choose the best suitable one for you.
Choosing any of this sunscreen lotion will be worth it since all are the best products by their company and high rated by consumers as well.
Which one of the sunscreen lotion do you like the most? Or do you have any queries/doubts? Let me know in the comments down below.
For more such amazing quality product reviews don’t forget to visit BestDealzReview.com